Horse Riding Practicum
The University's Animal Science Department offers a self-improvement, non-credit, extracurricular horse riding program entitled "Horse Practicum". Participants enrolled in the practicum program can participate in riding lessons and in the care and management of UConn horses. The Practicum is open to all students enrolled at the University as well as faculty and staff who are approved to be on the UConn Storrs campus. Although priority for riding is given to Animal Science majors, all students are welcome on a space available basis. Lessons offered are Hunt Seat, Dressage, Western, and Trail classes at a variety of levels.
Information Coming Soon for Fall 2021
RIDERS MUST COMPLETE ALL ITEMS BELOW PRIOR TO THEIR FIRST LESSON
1. Review applicable documents below
2. Complete and SIGN the Fall 2021 Practicum Registration Form (CLICK HERE to download form)
3. Complete and SIGN the Acknowledgement and Consent Form (CLICK HERE to download form).
4. Make Your Online Payment Click Here
Pricing Information: TBD for Fall 2021
Marketplace is up-to-date and currently shows only sections that have openings.
**Please note, just making a payment does not mean you are considered registered. Please complete step 5 for registration confirmation.
5. Please send ONE email containing your payment receipt, completed and signed Practicum Registration Form, and completed and signed Acknowledgement and Consent Form to: email@example.com
REGISTRATION IS CONSIDERED COMPLETE ONCE THE DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL SCIENCE HAS RECEIVED YOUR COMPLETED AND SIGNED REGISTRATION FORM, CONSENT FORM AND ONLINE PAYMENT.
6. Read ALL documents below.
Riding Program/Team Contacts
For more information on the riding teams, please click here.